LASIK (laser in-situ keratomileusis) is a prevalent surgical methodology for the individuals who need toimprove their vision issues. It can settle astigmatism, partial blindness, and farsightedness.
The surgery reshapes the cornea with the goal that light goes through it legitimately and enables you to focus your eyes were intended to. There are no scalpelsinvolved and the recoveryis genuinely speedy.
In the event that you are pondering LASIK or another laser eye surgical technique, it is best to look at the advantages and disadvantages of the procedure so you can settle on an educated choice.
Advantages of LASIK
There is a reason LASIK has standout amongst the most mainstream laser eye surgeries. The advantages include:
· A high success rate. This surgery is proven to correct vision and post-surgical enhancements can further improve vision (if needed).
· There is very little pain involved with the procedure. The surgeon will use numbing drops to alleviate any discomfort too.
· Your vision is corrected almost immediately or by the day after.
· You do not have to wear awkward bandages and there are no stitches.
· Adjustments can be made to correct any vision changes due to aging and often, at no cost to you.
· You may be able to eliminate the need for eyeglasses or contacts completely or reduce your vision correction prescription dramatically.
Disadvantages of LASIK
While LASIK has some noteworthy advantages; there are likewise a couple of weaknesses to the strategy:
- Any changes made to your cornea are permanent; therefore, errors cannot be reversed. This is why it is important to use a skilled laser eye surgeon.
- In very rare cases, a patient may have a permanent loss of their “best” vision, which means they could still require eyeglasses post-surgery.
- Not everyone qualifies for this procedure.
The best way to completely comprehend the methodology and check whether you are a candidate is by planning a consultation with a gifted LASIK specialist.
About the author
Eyeklinik is an eye health and eye surgery based in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. We are committed to improve the health and wellness of your eyes. We always try to learn the latest treatments in the health industry to offer the best results available on the market. Our ophthalmologist have a world class academic preparation, some of them studied in foreign countries and are members of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Also, our ophthalmologists love to give back to the community, donating their time and knowledge for research. Although we are located in Monterrey, Mexico, we receive patients from North America looking for eye surgery.